6 days ago
Remote Learning Information
Hello McCormick Families,
On Monday, April 6, 2020, LCSD #1 will continue with our remote learning plan. Your student’s teachers will be using a combination of video, learning packets, phone calls, emails, the Remind app, and Canvas as a means to continue teaching and provide for your student’s learning.
If you identified your student as having the ability to use technology as a means to continue their learning please have them log on to the Canvas pages for each of their teachers starting Monday, April 6, 2020. Each of the teachers will be communicating with you, through Canvas, their plan for their classroom and content. These Canvas pages will identify assignments, due dates, how to get help, available online resources, office hours for teachers, and grading policies.
If you identified your student as needing paper learning packets these will be available starting Tuesday, April 7, 2020. The procedure to pick up these packets will be:
· Paper learning packets will be available every Tuesday from 7 am – 12 pm starting Tuesday, April 7, 2020.
· If your student lives outside of the snow closure boundary, our school buses will be picking up the learning packets at school and delivering them to rural bus stops. You and/or your student may pick up their learning packets and return learning packets at that time and location.
· If your student lives inside the snow closure boundary, please come to the front of the school (front drop off lane). We are asking that you and/or your student remain in your car for social distancing purposes. A McCormick employee will approach your car, ask for your student’s name, and radio in to the building where another employee will retrieve the learning packet. This learning packet will be delivered to your car. You may return learning packets to the employee the following week and we will ensure they reach your student’s teachers.
· Learning packets will include an explanation from each teacher of their assignments, due dates, how to get help, available resources, office hours for teachers, and grading policies.
We appreciate all of your responses as we organized our student body and accessed their learning needs last week. We also appreciate your partnership as we continue to move forward with our remote learning plan. Teachers have been working hard to ensure that your student will be able to continue their learning and be as productive as possible during this time.
We miss having students in the building, but are thankful that LCSD#1 is taking the necessary steps to keep our community safe and healthy. If you have questions, please feel free to call the school. We are available Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
Warrior Positive Referral Challenge
Warrior Positive Referral Challenge
Beginning Tuesday, February 18th, McCormick staff and students will be participating in the Warrior Positive Referral Challenge. When teachers observe students doing the right thing and meeting expectations, they will write a positive referral. Students with positive referrals will be recognized for their good behavior. Prizes will be awarded to the Core with the most positive referrals, the students with the most positive referrals and the teachers who awarded the most positive referrals. Prizes include treats, passes to go to lunch early, excused from homework tickets and much more.
School wide behaviors we will work together to achieve are:
· Show your respect and remove your hat inside the building
· Be safe in the hallways and do not run.
· Be responsible for each other and show kindness.
We believe that McCormick is a great school with the best students and want to recognize positive behaviors.
McCormick Faculty and Staff had a fun day dressing up for Halloween!!
The PAC will meet in the Mini Cafe from 1:45 - 2:45 p.m. on the following Thursdays and all are welcome to attend:
October 24, 2019
November 21, 2019
January 30, 2020
February 27, 2020
March 26, 2020
April 30, 2020
parent teacher conferences
Parent Teacher Conferences will be held from 8:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m. on Friday, November 1, 2019. Students will not have school and teachers are available throughout the day. The format for parent teacher conferences will be:
8:00 am-12:00 p.m.: Core teachers will be located in the gyms and elective teachers will be in the cafeteria. This will be an open, drop-in format.
12:15 p.m.-2:30 p.m.: Teachers will be located in their classrooms. If you want to meet a teacher at a specific time, please contact the teacher directly to schedule that appointment.
Departments will be taking a 30-minute lunch break according to the following schedule:
11:00-11:30 a.m.: Steamboat Core, Washakie Core, Teton Core, Music, Drama, Computers, and Special Education.
11:30-12:00 p.m. Frontier Core, Tumbleweed Core, Tech. Ed., Family and Consumer Science, Physical Education, World Language, Library, and Reading.
An unofficial progress report will be mailed home on Monday, October 28th. These grades are not final grades and may change before Parent Teacher Conferences.
The homework room is up and running! It is staffed by Mrs. Amanda Morgan and Ms. Jessica Edwards in room 65 from 2:45 - 4:00 pm Monday through Thursday. There will be no homework room on Fridays.
Late Bus: There will be a late bus. Students must have a bus pass from the homework room teacher or another adult in the building to get on the bus at 4:00 pm. High school students are not allowed to ride our late bus.
The boundaries for late transportation are:
· WEST-East of Rolling Hills (corner of Happy Jack and Roundtop, by the gate closure)
· NORTH-To Prairie Wind Elementary / Tractor Supply. (Horsecreek/Iron Mountain)
Students MUST be in homework room by 3:00 pm unless working with a teacher. If they arrive after 3:00 pm, they will not be able to attend, unless they arrive with a note from a teacher. Students MUST have something to work on while in homework room. It is not a place to come and socialize. Homework room is NOT required. Students may attend the days they want. They also don't have to stay until 4:00 pm, unless they are riding the late bus.
Students who live south of McCormick or on the Air Force Base, will ride bus 76 which leaves at 4:05 p.m.
Bus 93 takes students North to Prairie Wind/Tractor Supply and leaves between 4:15 and 4:30 p.m.
School Supply List
Click the link below for the list of supplies needed for the 2019-2020 school year.